Monday, February 21, 2011

On Personal Testimonies


Sunday morning, HBs were blessed to witness and experience another testimony from one of our own.  Each personal testimony is unique as a fingerprint, and each one demonstrates that we serve a mighty God.  Since joining the class last fall, I’ve sat through about four different testimonies and after each one, my understanding of God grows a little deeper.

As I sat and listened to Jennie pour out her soul to the class, so many thoughts crossed through my mind.  First, that she was able to recollect on so many painful memories without erupting into tears amazed me.  God was certainly with her and spoke through her.  Another thought was that the devil lost in his quest to keep Jennie bitter.  If anyone qualifies to show bitterness, it’s Jennie; yet there is none.  God, through his mercy and grace, demonstrated by the Cross, has replaced Jennie’s bitterness with love.  How awesome is He!

I could go on, but there’s no need.  Jennie – your talk Sunday morning wrecked me, in a good way.  You are one of the strongest women I know, and God has done a marvelous work in your life.  I’m so thankful you chose to share your testimony with us.  Our mighty God will use your words to continue His work here at Wayside and beyond.

Brad D.

2 comments:

  1. God touched my heart and soul with Jennie's testimony. There was no request for pity (although warranted) it was a piercing life story from a Believer's perspective. Jennie you saw the hand of God at each point of your life that you shared with us. While in many cases an audience might want to cry out for you with pity but that was not my reaction at all. Your story was purely a witness of God in your life which caused me to reflect on my own within your story telling of your testimony of our amazing Savior Jesus Christ. I have been blessed throughout my life to hear and give testimony, yet I have never been more profoundly touched with the spirit of God than listening to you share your testimony with us. You in that moment were an instrument of God reminding us all of his amazing grace. Thank you both Joel and Jennie for having the courage to stand up and share.

    Your brother in God, David H

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Paul Uhlmann Architects Brisbane ., we are dedicated to providing quality design and comprehensive architectural services that address our clients' specific needs and offer .

    ReplyDelete